I made a spreadsheet in google that will take a search term and search it in all the nearby cities on craigslist and dynamically output all the results in the spreadsheet using importXML queries. You have to specify which three-letter category you want to search for. Like furniture (fua), cars by owner (cto), musical instruments (msg), etc. I’ve only tested it in some of the for sale categories.
Here’s what you do:
- View the craigslist nearby cities search aggregator spreadsheet
- Make a copy of the spreadsheet (you have to be logged into your google account to do this (file > make a copy…))
- Open your spreadsheet copy in your google docs
- Edit the config options (the ones in light blue)
- View the listings on the “listings” sheet (results scroll horizontally)
Spread the word by linking back to this page. Enjoy!